Friday, August 11, 2006

Great Golf

I have one regret about playing golf; I waited too long to start playing. I watch the young guys play on TV or next to me on the course and I am greens with envy.

I was never a great athlete but in golf we have lots of fun and see improvements even if we are not great, but it seems as if starting as a youngster is key to success. I started playing when Karen bought me a $100.00 worth of lessons for my 57th birthday. I was stiff and awkward but I learned how to swing without breaking my back.

I love being out of doors on a beautiful lawn with trees and lakes. I love it so much I am often among them and far to often using my "fishing pole" to retrieve a ball or two. Almost every week during warm weather a group of us gets together and have a swinging good time.

Call me if you would like to play. We are fans of the Hand Wedge and the Foot Driver so don't feel like you are not good enough to play with us. Fun and fellowship are the goals.

Gary Sweeten

No comments: