Sunday, June 26, 2005

What I Do Continued

Some of my closest colleagues from the past do not seem to understand my ministry or how I send my professional time. I am sure it is my fault. If I were only clear in describing my life everyone would understand. So, here goes.

Part of the problem lies in the fact that I actually do a number of different things but my central focus is almost always the same. So, seen from the point of view of tasks, I multi-task.

  • I often preach the gospel
  • I teach in churches and para-church ministries
  • I consult with Christian organizations
  • I Mentor/Coach/Counsel Christian leaders
  • I train Counselors
  • I pray for the sick
  • I write materials
  • Set up small groups
  • Organize counseling centers
  • I travel extensively around the world to do these things

My central mission is always the same: To promote the growth and healing of Christian people and organizations

The following terms best describe my focus.
GROWTH: Disciple; Sanctify; Strengthen; Gift, Skill and Talent Development;

HEALING: Repair; Reconnect; Forgive; Set Captives Free; Restore;

The materials I write do both of these. I am a retired Clinical Counselor but I prefer to PREVENT SICKNESS, PROMOTE GROWTH and supply PEER SUPPORT.

No comments: