Friday, September 01, 2006

Memories Are Made of This

There are a lot of songs from the Fifties about nostalgia. Some of them still bring back chills to match the ones I get when I see the beautiful girls from the class of 56 and remember how they made our blood boil way back then.

The New Year's Eve
We did the Town
The day we tore the goal posts down
We will have these moments to remember

How about:

Shine on
Shine on silver moon,
Up in the sky
I ain't had no lovin since
January, February, June and July

Karen and I still love Little Richard, Ray Charles and Elvis. They just don't make em like that any more.

The old TV shows are still being watched by our kids and grandkids. Despite the cheezy special effects and the grainy videos those stories are funny and timeless.

My daughter and son-in-law have a few seasons of Dick Van Dyke and their children love to watch them better than almost any other modern TV show. Perhaps that is why we call it, "The Golden Age of TV".

I recently received a web address from Will Black, a very young 68 himself, about the old shows. See if you like this presentation. http://objflicks.com/WhenLifewasInBlack&White.htm

I am in a fit of nostalgia right now since I returned from southern Illinois and the 50th reunion. It was a good thing to do. Thanks to all the team that made it possible.

Gabe Sweeten
Ina, Illinois

No comments: