Monday, September 11, 2006

Sadness at Fifth Year Anniversary

I have been sad today. It is the anniversary of 991. If you go to my ministry blog you can see some photos of the days a group of us spent at Ground Zero ministering to the First Responders.

Tears often come to my eyes after seeing a film about 911 or hear a particularly sad story about a person that died.

I also get frustrated and angry when I hear politicans who want to hide their heads in the sand about the current dangers from radical terrorists.

But mostly my heart goes out to the people who lost loved ones. The terrorists got exactly what they wanted. Osama actually did a cost benefit analysis of the money he spent on the exercise and what it cost America. He concludes that it was well worth the 500 million dollars he spent for it cost the USA 500 billion dollars, to say nothing of the cost in lives.

How do we defend ourselves for the future? I do not think it possible to prevent all attacks. All they have to do is slip through our defense one time and they win again. They are betting millions that we can't stop them every time.

I bet they are right, especially with so many Americans helping them by revealing our secret intelligence weapons. The New York Times will exult loud and long when Osama gets around the terrorist telephone bugging programs they showed to the world.

We won WWII by superior strength and superior intelligence. We still have them but the NYTimes is doing its best to cripple both. Why do they hate America so much?

No comments: