Saturday, June 19, 2004

Prayer Works; Especially on Heart Disease

I recently went through a series of examinations to see if I had a blockage in my arteries. This is not moot question for I had severe chest pains while on a 13 hour flight from the USA to Tokyo five years ago. Not the friendly skies, eh? An angioplasty and stent opened the artery up but my heart muscle was damaged.

Every spring I go back for a thorough check-up and this time the nuclear exam showed another block. I was scheduled for another angiogram. However, just before the angiogram I experienced internal bleeding and spent three days in The Christ Hospital.

During this time I received lots of prayer for my colon and my heart. Last Monday I saw the results. Dr. Kereiakes took a look at the angiogram and exclaimed happily, "A false alarm." I believe the block was removed through prayer.

There is a lot of research showing the efficacy of prayer on disease but none with better results than heart disease. When patients at a San Francisco hospital were randomly assigned to Christian prayer groups for intercessory prayers by first name, they got better.

The fatality rates were lower and the complications lower. The people were released from the hospital earlier. So, PRAYER
WORKS!
And, there are no bad side effects.

Ask, Seek and Knock!

Is there anyone among you sick. Call for the elders and let them anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. The prayers offered in faith will raise him up... James 5:14-15

Have faith and hope and get His love.


No comments: