Thursday, May 04, 2006

God is Still Working Today

I sometimes post an article or remarks about God's present ministry among us. I am constantly amazed that there are many Christians that firmly believe the scripture but refuse to acknowledge God's miraculous power in contemporary day to day activities.

Because my life and ministry focus on healing and growth I am surrounded by sickness, pain, dysfunction and difficulties. If I could not call upon God to bring relief and hope I would leave this field. Thankfully I call upon God daily for myself, my family and my friends. He answers in His own way but He answers in a good manner.

I received the followinng e mail from an old friend as a follow-up to his request that I pray for his cousin. His good news is exciting and faith-building.

Gary Sweeten

Praise the Lord! God is still doing miracles. Thank you Lord!

On Monday, May 1st, 2006, Jeff got word from his doctor that tests show no cancer in his body. We have been praying in many ways for a cure for Jeff.

Jeff's body has been revaged by the Multiple Myeloma and still needs a lot of healing and strength. He has been lovingly and skillfully cared for by a wonderful staff of medical doctors and nurses. Even they have been praying for Jeff's cure. And we will continue to pray for him--but it's time to thank the Good Lord and all those who have been praying.


With love and appreciation for all your concern and prayers,

Jeff's parents _________

Can you stop for a moment to thank God for His mercy and grace to this young man and his family? I do not know him but I rejoice because he is rejoicing.

No comments: