Sunday, April 30, 2006

Your 100 Most Influential People

Time Mag is always coming up with some scheme to sell their rag and this time it is by compiling a list of the 100 most influential people in the world. The list is included below and I would almost bet that you do not know ½ of them.

I certainly do not know that many and, of those I do know few have influenced me at all. Take Tom Cruise; please take Tom Cruise. How is he one of the most influential people in the world? He abandons his wife and children for a very young girl and for that he is famous?

Here is my request. Who has been influential in your life this year? Family members are not allowed to be nominated. God, although very influential, will be assumed to be important. Maybe it is your tax man or the mechanic that saved you $10,000.00 by fixing up your old car.

Time’s Nominees

Artists & Entertainers
· J.J. Abrams
· George Clooney
· Dixie Chicks
· Ellen DeGeneres
· Nicolas Ghesquiere
· Wayne Gould
· Philip Seymour Hoffman
· Arianna Huffington
· Ang Lee
· Renzo Piano
· Rain
· Rachael Ray
· Jeff Skoll
· Matt Drudge
· Stephen Colbert

Scientists & Thinkers
· Mike Brown
· Kelly Brownell
· Nancy Cox
· Richard Davidson

Leaders & Revolutionaries
· Muqtada al-Sadr
· Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf
· Hugo Chavez
· George W. Bush
· John McCain
· Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
· Ayman al-Zawahiri
· Hillary Rodham Clinton
· Pope Benedict
· Condoleezza Rice
· Wen Jiabao

Heroes & Pioneers
· Bono
· Michelle Wie
· Wynton Marsalis
· Angelina Jolie
· Bill Clinton & George H.W. Bush
· Steve Nash
· Orhan Pamuk
· Elie Wiesel
· Jan Egeland

Builders & Titans
· Vikram Akula
· Tom Anderson & Chris DeWolfe
· Franz Beckenbauer
· The Flickr Founders
· Sean Combs
· Jamie Dimon
· Brian France
· Tom Freston
· Huang Guangyu

Offer your nominees by May 28, 2006

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Gary:
This is Donald and Sandra from Taiwan. I miss you quite often. Knowing you are healthy and with a brave heart and vitality in your blogspot, I started to read your post every few days,and it indeed inspired me evrey time.

Yours,

Donald Du

my email ddd213g@yahoo.com.tw

marcusohara@aol.com said...

Hi Gary,

May God Bless you and Steve on your trip. May it be fruitful and His Will be done.

I took up your challenge. My list of My 100 most influencial people is at Marcohara.blogspot.com