Thursday, June 29, 2006

Thanks for the Prayers

As some of you know I have suffered from strep throat for about a week. Thanks to medicine and prayer and rest I am recovering.

I had been feeling well until this infection hit me hard. The contrast was huge and it caused me to think about how much I can take wellness and wealth for granted. When I was feeling well I could not remember how it feels to be ill. But after my throat swelled up and I ached all over I suddenly remembered why health is so important.

When I am back in the USA I easily forget how hard life is for many billions around the world. In Russia I saw thousands of destitute people, many of them drunk on very cheap vodka, who lived in shacks beside the railroad tracks. But now I am surrounded by American wealth and I really love it. I grew up in poverty and I can remember that I do not wish to go back to it.

Thanks for the calls, prayers and sympathy. Thanks to God we have good medicine. "All good gifts come down from the Father above."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen to the trials and to the grace.......... Gather your strength good friend.....
wb