Saturday, September 18, 2004

International Ministry of Helps

How do you want America to be known around the world? We have the strongest army ever known in history. They do a wonderful job protecting th USA and fighting for us. The unfortunate events at the prison does not diminish the fine job done by 99% of our service people. Despite that, I do not want America known as a warring nation.

Our media output is amazing. Movies, TV programs, music, art works, you name it. We are prolific. However, much of it makes my skin crawl and embarrasses me as an American. I do not want the USA to be known primarily as the home of rap music and XXX rated movies.

We are rich. We have so many things. Cars, boats, houses, electronic toys, TV's, radios, MPEG players, etc. But that is not how I want the USA to be remembers around the world.

I want people to know us as loving, kind, gracious anf godly. Millions of your tax dollars are being used to send troops, rock music and propaganda to influence other nations. The best way to show them we care is by sending missionaries.

America as a whole is supporting international missions. Thanks to my readers and friends and their churches LifeWay has successfully taken the message of Jesus Christ to many nations. Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

At age 66 I get physically tired and the jet lag is a problem but I cannot stop. God's love is so badly needed in Russia and Asia that I must go on. Because of our recent vigorous activities and support in Russia, however, our finances are very low. If you can get LifeWay placed in your churches budget we would greatly appreciate it.




No comments: