Thursday, March 23, 2006

Children in the Lord

I just received a note from a high school classmate, Sue Alice Inskeep Erickson, whose college age son has been suffering from cancer. I have been praying for Sean but he died two weeks ago. I am very saddened to hear it.

Here are some journal entries he wrote before he became ill.

March 1, 2005

Devotional

I have heard Your name and I have seen You from afar.
You have paid the highest price for me.
Now come, and woo my heart.
I have agreed to become Yours.
Now come, and woo my heart.
Let Your love change me.
I want Your love to move me
I need to know You love me even more, even more.
So much more than I do.

March 8, 2005

Song

Is this the fire that I’m feeling? The burning in my heart?
Burning, burning, burning ashes drift away.
Idols, ashes, hopes and dreams drift away.
Drift away glowing in the dark, scattered by the wind.
All my life, it seems, is burning in the dark,
Smoldering ashes still glowing in my heart.

I remember how You met me, in my terror in the night
And touched me in my blindness, and opened up my eyes.
You came to me, You came to me, You came to me.
You have never gone away.
Burn up my idols….ashes drift away.

I will rest in You.
I will trust in You.
I will stay in the fire.
Until you take the fire away.

Sean Erickson

Now, a year later he is with the Lord and his parents are looking for the Resurrection with anticipation. Nothing is sweeter than knowing our kids are in Christ.

No comments: