Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Dreams and Night Terrors

I had a dream last night and woke up in a night terror.
In the dream I was reading a New York Times news story about famous American's response to the prison scandal.

Most of the interviewees were shocked, horrified and stunned by the things they saw.

First to respond was an angry and distressed billionaire, entrepreneur, educator, author and environmentalist, Hugh Heffner.

The Times: Well, Heff, I assume you have seen those terrible photographs.

Heff: (In a bright red silk robe.) Yes, and I must say I was overcome with anger and remorse that my country has been so
shamed by the repugnant behavior of these men and women. It brings disgrace on all Americans.

The Times: What was the most shocking to you, as an educator, author, father and opinion leader, Heff?

Heff: I had to wonder where on earth our young men and women are learning such filth and degradation. What are our schools doing?

The Times: Yes, it is repulsive and one can only feel that our nation has lost its moorings.

Heff: The thing that was most disturbing were the images of that little girl viciously controlling an innocent Iraqi man by using a dog collar.
This can only indicate that Don Rumsfeld has failed to adequately prepare those MPs to do their jobs.He has to go.

The Times: Heff, don't you really think Bush has to go and the USA has to go out of Iraq forever?

Heff: Absolutely. I am usually a straight shooter but this time they have gone too far. I am shocked, shocked that the US Army
allows such depraved behavior in its ranks.

The next interviewee was a famous musician, artist and world-class thinker, Janet Jackson.

The Times: Ms Jackson, how do you respond to the despicable portrayal of those naked men in Iraq?

Ms Jackson: I was shocked but not surprised to see all those brown bodies being exploited by those white men and women.

The Times: What was the worst thing in the pictures?

Ms Jackson: The fact that they would undress the detainees was overwhelming. We all know that naked bodies offend Muslims but those wicked Americans did it anyway and then made the photos available all over the world to shame them even more. I just hope the racist Bush will get beat by John Kerry so we can end these attacks against people of color.

Just as my eyes fell on an interview with Howard Stern's diatribe against John Ashcroft and George Bush for promoting filth and disgusting images among the sensitive Muslims I woke up with a scream. The night terrors had saved me from more image abuse and I took two Ambien and went back to sleep.

From now on I will pray before I go to bed.

No comments: