Monday, March 07, 2005

How to Receive Blessings and Remove Curses

For this reason you shall leave mother and father, cleave to your wife and the two shall become one flesh. Genesis 2:24

Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you. Exodus 20:12

For I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land. 25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols.

26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. 28 You will live in the land I gave your forefathers; you will be my people, and I will be your God.

29 I will save you from all your uncleanness. I will call for the grain and make it plentiful and will not bring famine upon you. 30 I will increase the fruit of the trees and the crops of the field, so that you will no longer suffer disgrace among the nations because of famine.

31 Then you will remember your evil ways and wicked deeds, and you will loathe yourselves for your sins and detestable practices. 32 I want you to know that I am not doing this for your sake, declares the Sovereign LORD. Ezekiel 24

In the following prayers we will focus on eliminating all the things that bring us death, illness, sin and degradation from the past while thanking God for those practices, principles and blessings that we want to honor in our family past.

Prayer is a continual process not a one time affair. As you come into the presence of the Lord and seek His face He will more than likely reveal things that you need to pray about. For example, some people receive insights about the blessings and curses of ancestors and pray to receive all the blessings and cut off all the curses. Others begin to see inherited patterns that God wants them to change.

Repentance, or a change of mind, will and behavior, are all essential to generational healing.

Ora et labora: prayer and work

We cannot repent for past persons but we must repent for the sinful attitudes, actions and habits we see passing into our own lives. For example my father had a violent temper and I can see the same temptation in myself and in my offspring so I can repent for myself and pray for forgiveness and healing for others.

Prayers

Pray that God will bless you with gifts, honor, talents and strengths. That His love and power will be multiplied to you and your family. Ask God to give me and my offspring will be blessed with a double portion of his grace, power and right living.

Pray that all curses and sins as well as unrighteous patterns will be broken. Ask forgiveness for any and all idolatry, sexual misbehavior, drug abuse, mental illness, rage, divisions and other fruit of the flesh will be halted. Seek information about murders, suicides, abortions, abusive behavior, alcoholism, abandonment, criminality, witchcraft, etc. Ask God to reveal all family secrets so you can walk in the light.

Ask God to cleanse the generational line of all guilt, shame, bondage and rebellion. Place the shed blood of Jesus between you and your mother back to the fourth generation and ask Him to cleanse all the family of unrighteous patterns. Do the same for your father’s family. Lift up each known member of your family tree and pray God’s blessing and cleansing. Prayerfully place the blood of Jesus between you and each child and each grandchild.

Command Satan and all his angels to flee from your family for all generations.

Ask God to reveal and change all your dysfunctional roles and bad habits.

Give Him thanks and praise for all He is doing.

No comments: