Thursday, May 12, 2005

How Do Patterns Go From Generaion to Generation?

I do not know but take a look at this generational pattern of names from a member of our group.

A HARROWING STORY ABOUT NAMES

HARRY – MEDIEVAL FORM OF THE NAME - HENRY

Long ago, my great grandfather, HARRY, met and wed a girl named MARY.

They had a son whom they named HARRY.

HARRY the 2nd grew up and also married a girl named MARY.

MARY’S father’s name was HENRY.

Time passed, and HARRY and MARY had a son.

They named him HARRY.

HARRY the 3rd grew up, and married.

He also had a son whom he named HARRY.

HARRY the 4th grew up and married a girl named MARY.

But it doesn’t stop here.

HARRY the 3rd also had a sister.

She grew up and married a man whose parents names were…...
You guessed it…… HARRY and MARY.

So, my Paternal Great-Grandparents were named HARRY and MARY.

My Paternal Grandparents were also named HARRY and MARY.

My Maternal Great-Grandfather’s name was HENRY from which HARRY is derived.

My Maternal Grandparents were named HARRY and MARY.

My uncle’s name was HARRY.

My 1st cousin’s name was HARRY and his wife’s name was MARY.

My oldest brother’s middle name was HENRY.

Oh yes, and my middle name is MARY.

How did that happen???

No comments: