Friday, February 04, 2005

Do You Need Courage and Serenity?

The result of shock, trauma abuse and neglect is fear, anxiety, reactivity and anger. All are equal to a lack of peace, a lack of serenity. How do we deal with these awful problems in life? Here is a simple prayer that millions of people have found helpful.

by Rev. Reinhold Niebuhr

God, grant me the serenity to accept
The things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference

Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time:

Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace:
Taking, as Jesus did,
This sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it:

Trusting that you will make all things right
If I surrender to your will:
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life
And supremely happy with you in the next

Distributed by Dr. Gary Sweeten
LifeWay Counseling Centers and LifeWay Ministries Inc
11161 Kenwood Road
Perspectivus Professional Plaza
Blue Ash, Ohio 45242
www.lifewaycenters.com
513-769-4600

No comments: