Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Roas Parks-A Majority of One

In the life of a politically weak minority lady we see how each of us can have a tremendous effect on the world. It is not necessary to be rich, well connected, liked or brilliant to make a difference. It does take courage.

I have taken some stands in life and some of them cost me plenty. At the time I suffered a bit and wondered if it would not have been better if I simply "Went along to get along". Now that the pain is over I am glad I stood against the stream for I had a clean conscience.

Rosa Parks took a big chance when she said, "No!" to a white guy who represented so much more than a person. He represented a system, a force, a way of living that was not to be challenged. Thankfully, she had the courage to sit and allow the white guy to stand.

As a boy I heard preachers and teacher tell and retell the heroic stories of David and Goliath, Daniel in the lions' den and others who stood strong against evil and promoted good and God. Rosa Parks no doubt heard the same stories and she did better than I and millions of other Christians have ever done; she sat in the face of the lions and started a revolution.

Brothers and Sisters, what is God calling you to do to fight against the world, the flesh and the Devil?

No comments: