Thursday, September 15, 2005

Anger and Helping Others

Several people are responding to my blogs on TRIANGLES. The primary feeling from many of them is ANGER. The think that many of the Victims have taken advantage of the good hearts of Americans and not only feel like they deserve the help they get but have the right to attack the Rescuers without mercy. This is the height of biting the hand that feeds you.

Many of you know that I spend a lot of time training pastors and Christian leaders how to more effectively minister to those in need. If we do for others what they should do for themselves we will actually cause more dependency and damage the long term ability of the Victim to get stronger.

Another reaction is racial accusations. Several of my readers have gotten so angry they are tempted to focus on poorAfrican Americans for the "Blame Game". I think that perception is not only wrong but it is also does violence to our Christian values.

I urge the believers who read my blog to stay calm and cool and collected. The Rescue Triangle is not, NOT in any way restricted to African Americans nor to the poor. In my teaching around the world I find it to be an accurate "Law" for Anglos. Chinese, Russians, etc.

Becoming a racist is not healthy for us emotionally or spiritually. It is sinful.

No comments: