Thursday, September 22, 2005

God's Hand is Upon the USA

Each day I receive a newsletter with some great stories and thought-provoking ideas. Today, this is what came in my mailbox.

A GLIMPSE OF THE FUTURE by George Washington

ParacleteLetter@yahoogroups.com
Chuck Clark chuck@stationedhere.com

Wednesday - September 21, 2005

“And Elisha prayed, ‘O Lord, open his eyes so he may see.’ Then the Lord opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.” - 2 Kings 6:17

During the American Revolution, Anthony Sherman was one of the soldiers who wintered with General George Washington in 1777 at Valley Forge, Pennsylvania. He recounted that Washington was a man of prayer and would often go to a quiet place and pray alone. One day, Washington returned from such a time alone looking quite pale and told of a vision he had:

“Looking up, I beheld standing opposite me a singularly beautiful female. So astonished was I, for I had given strict orders not to be disturbed that it was some moments before I found language to inquire the cause of her presence. A second, a third, and even a fourth time did I repeat my question, but received no answer from my mysterious visitor except a slight raising of her eyes. By this time I felt strange sensations spreading through me. I would have risen but the riveted gaze of the being before me rendered volition impossible. I assayed once more to address her, but my tongue itself had become paralyzed.”

Washington stated that the woman showed him a future vision of America: “I cast my eyes upon America and beheld villages and towns and cities springing up one after another until the whole land from the Atlantic to the Pacific was dotted with them.”

Washington remembered the last words of his visitor: “Let every child of the Republic learn to live for his God, his land and Union. With these words the vision vanished, and I startled from my seat and felt that I had seen a vision wherein had been shown me the birth, progress, and destiny of the United States.”

“Christians should never fail to sense the operation of angelic glory. It forever eclipses the world of demonic powers, as the sun does a candle's light.” - Billy Graham

God’s Word: “The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them.” - Psalm 34:7

Let us pray that believers will continually seek God's forgiveness of and blessings for America.

No comments: