Sunday, September 18, 2005

Change: Is It All Over Now?

My last post about the seven stages of change covered number 4, CHANGE. This is what we have been seeking. The diet has begun, the cigarettes are thrown away, I am meeting every morning with God in private devotions, etc. Is that all?

NOPE! Now is the time we need support to Continue the Change Process and avoid Relapse. +
Any change worth its weight requires a long term plan. I must have stopped smoking 100 times before I stopped and did not relapse.

What happens if I do relapse? The world does not end if we relapse. It simply means we need to get back on the wagon and make sure we do not get so discouraged that we fall all the way back to Stage #I. Do not lose heart. You can start over again. In fact most people relapse several times but finally stick with the new behavior.

Stage 5. Continuing the Change Process. Keep up the good work by finding prayer partners, and people who love you enough to offer support.

No comments: